The end of the year is a time when we are often suspended between what was and what will be. We may feel overwhelmed and tired of the sheer volume and intensity of these days. Holidays are ahead of us, New Year’s Eve in a moment and the next year will start with a bang. How to enter the new year with peace and lightness? I invite you to read the entry Time of reflection – questions about the old and new year.
I am not a supporter of making typical New Year’s resolutions (at least for me this method did not quite work). Even if I believe that it is an individual matter and for some people they can be very helpful.
Intentions for the new year. Intentions leave you free to choose tools and paths, often it can be a better solution than specific resolutions to be implemented point by point. In intention, energy follows attention and you can draw from all areas of life. We often fail to stick to our New Year’s resolutions, which is frustrating.
To end the old year well and enter the new one calmly, I recommend giving yourself some time to reflect and be alone with yourself. Below you will find a set of questions about the past and the coming year, which I hope will help you make a summary and enter the new year with clarified thoughts. I hope they will prove helpful to you.
Good luck and happy new year!
Summary of the past year
- In which 3 words would you describe 2022 for you?
- What or who are you most grateful for this past year?
- What new things have you learned about yourself this year?
- What achievement are you most proud of?
- What was the best news you received in 2022?
- Which of the places you visited did you like the most?
- Which of your qualities has been most useful this year?
- Who Was Reliable? Who could you always count on?
- What new skills have you learned this year?
- What event in 2022 will you be telling your grandchildren about?
- If someone were to write a book about your year 2022, what genre would it fit into?
- What mental blocks have you overcome this year?
- Who were the five people you most enjoyed spending time with?
- What was the most important lesson you learned from 2022?
- What was the turning point in your professional life?
- How has your relationship with your family evolved?
- What movie or book had the biggest impact on you in 2022?
- What was the best compliment you got in 2022?
- Which of the little, everyday things made you most happy in 2022?
- What great thing have you created this year?
- What were you thinking about?
- What have you learned most this year? What was your favorite topic to learn about?
- What new habits have you developed?
- What advice would you give yourself at the beginning of 2022 from today’s perspective?
- Has anything in you or your life turned 180 degrees this year?
- What has had the most positive impact on your life this year?
- What emotional state dominated most often?
- Did you do anything in 2022 for the first time in your life?
- What was the best moment spent together with friends?
- Which of your big goals have you laid the foundations for this year?
- Which of your worries turned out to be completely unfounded?
- Which of your experiences would you like to repeat?
- What was the most beautiful gift you received this year?
- How has your outlook on life evolved?
- The biggest problem you’ve solved?
- What was the funniest moment in the past year?
- The best purchase of the year is…?
- What (one!) thing would you do differently today? Why?
- Why do you deserve a pat on the back?
- What activities made time stop?
Questions for the new year
- What do you want to achieve in 2023?
- What do you want to see, get to know, discover?
- Who do you want to spend more time with in 2023?
- What skills do you want to acquire, improve or master?
- What personality trait do you want to develop in yourself?
- What do you want your everyday life to look like?
- What habits do you want to get rid of and instill in yourself?
- What do you want to achieve in your professional life?
- What would you like to remember about 2023 looking at it from the perspective of the years you have lived?
- What is your number 1 goal in 2023?
I hope that the above questions will help you sum up the past year and start the new year well. In addition to the above questions, I also recommend another tool that I personally liked very much, namely Year Compass, you can download it for free:
And finally, I want to wish you beautiful moments with the people you love for these last days of this year. Remember this year as a good lesson, draw conclusions, and look at the new, upcoming 2023 with hope.
Think about yourself, your plans, hopes, dreams and do everything to bring a smile to your faces.
I wish you a joyful, peaceful and extremely warm Christmas.
See you in 2023.